It is shocking to say the least that supreme court has passed the judgment on the reservation row justifying the 27% reservation for "Other backward class" in educational institutions. I fail to understand how this reservation is going to help the real "needy". If a person from the OBC can make it to an engineering institution then I don't think he is backward enough to be given reservation for entering into IIMs. And I do not see how this will help the really backward villagers to gain their primary education and forget IIM, at least attain a matriculation. I am not completely against reservation.( Though this may sound cliched, this is the truth.) Reservations need to be made on the economical status and the residential status . I have personally seen in my own Govt. Engineering College seats from ST rural going vacant which clearly says that people over there have not risen enough to attain education upto Class 12th. How will reservations in Engineering Colleges and AIIMS help is anyone's guess.
- One out of every 2 students passing out of IIMs henceforth, doesn't deserve in the first place to be there.
- If the power hungry political parties have their say, this is going to be true with all the Engineers graduating out of India when the same law is passed for private Engineering colleges of India. This wil in turn increase the money laundering done by Private institutions in the country.
- More and more patients will die due to doctor's negligence and more and more bridges will collapse because of the quality of doctors and engineers graduating out of our country .
- With outsourcing industry already facing threat from other countries and US election promises, this will hit India further.
- IITs,IIMs and other premier institutes will surely lose their global recognition though not immediately.
- This step will further boost the confidence of the political parties to introduce reservations into Private sector Jobs as well